dimanche 27 septembre 2015

All good things must end

My first travelsketching trip is done.  I filled 25 pages with more then 60 sketches from 7 different countries in 14 days.

Since I left with reasonable expectations (had to be realistic as I went on a organized tour with my mom) and I'm quite satisfied with the outcome of my first experience. 

I started my first sketches with a pencil to put some guide lines in before I used the unforgiven pen and ink.  While on the cruise on the Rhin, I quickly realized that I had to be more courageous and skip that step as I was short in time due to the crasy schedule of the tour...  Which was a good thing  as I'm now definitively more confident with it then I was at the start...

So all the sketches was done on site, except for Sisi's Castle that I added afterward because I didn't like the hole left by the sky of the bottom sketch.  The Györ Sketch also had to be completed in the bus as I thought I would have the time to do one big sketch on site...  Silly me!... hehe  

As for the color, it was mainly done on the bus.  It made the bus ride seemed shorter...  And it also allowed me to make more sketches on site.

The only thing that I was slightly disappointed was my difficulty with keeping up with this blog...  But hopefully next time it will be better!  At least I will be the master of my time :)

So I had an amazing trip, with an amazing group, fantastic weather, beautiful things to see, and zero troubles :)

Next time: New Orleans in November!

The Bus:)

A lion at the base of a statue in Munich


A street in front of the Munich's Opera


Salzbourg and the eagle nest


Sisi's Castle, Vienne, and a musicien


Orchestra we saw in Vienne


Gyor


Budapest, bratislava and Prague


At some point I got tired of buildings...  So I did a few statue in Dresde


Amsterdam and Bruxelles


Our bus driver Giuseppe


And the airport to take the flight that brought me home.




 


4 commentaires:

  1. Emilie, These are incredible!!! Can`t wait to hear all about your trip!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks lisa! :). I'm impressed you manage to see it on ship! Looking fwd to see you briefly on thursday! ;)

      Supprimer